Thursday 7 June 2012

Day 18 - 30 DAy Craft Challenge ~Lace~

Day 18 of the 30 Day Craft Challenge and the word for today is
~Lace~
Today I had another busy one, A sewing class this morning and some house packing up admin this afternoon followed by dinner out with two of my girlfriends - my leaving dinner as I am leaving South Australia next week to move back to NSW.
So my project is an old but recent off the page I made for my mother in law for Mothers Day.
It is a Purse shaped pen caddy from Kaisercraft - I have used stamps to stamp on raw wood that makes an effect I quite like and hope to use in the future plus I have used a button glued on and a Kaisercraft pearl embellishment. On the back I have used Blackboard Vinyl as a memo board, this can be kept with pens in it next to the phone as it doubles as a pen caddy and message board.

I used a paper lace doilie under the front cemi circle to make it look like a handbag at the front, plus, a flower, ribbon and lace tied around the handle. The paper is also Kaisercraft but after 3/4 a bottle of wine the actual paper name has escaped my mind :)

I will be showing more great projects tomorrow for yesterdays word ~Sparkle~ as well as todays word ~Lace~ and I will be making a project tomorrow based around the word ~Fun~

Until then Keep crafting
Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment