Thursday 24 May 2012

30 Day Craft Challenge - Day 5 ~Journey~

Day 5 of the 30 Day Craft Challenge with the inspiration word for today

~Journey~

With todays project I wanted to do something a little different, but was not really sure what that was. So after standing in my studio staring at the contents of my room for some time, hoping a flash of inspiration would bound into my being - I noticed some mini canvases I had had for some time but had not yet used...so todays project was born.

I had many ideas in my head of what Journey meant to me and what images I could use - Hot air balloon paper, photos from a trip to India...but instead I happened across some stamps I have had for some time and this is what grew out of it...

(Quote from J.R.R. Tolkien)
I first used some Tim Holtz distress ink (Pumice stone) on the edges and stamped the dandelion with plain black ink. I used some charcoal pencils to darken the image a little and stain the canvas more and a black sharpie to add some highlights. There is also a little bit of silver ink that can not be seen in the picture. I followed a similar formula for the dandelion pieces and wrapped each canvas with a little bit of straw string I had recycled from an old project.

I actually had 2 more canvases which I played around with for a little while writing "Not all who wander are lost..." on them, but I did not like how they came out. (The photo can be seen of them below) so instead I took a photo of the two canvases on my pin board and photoshopped the text in.
I can imagine many of these canvas in a similar design covering a large part of a wall...but that will have to wait until another day!




Here are some projects from the 30 Day Craft Challenge participants from yesterday...

~Family~

Ann Place - Layout




Erin Boxsell - Layout

Nicky Normandale - Photo layout to be framed


Will be uploading more photos tomorrow from those participating for the inspiration word ~Journey~

Kate xx

No comments:

Post a Comment